Health and Safety
DMC’s Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems have been independently assessed and are compliant with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007.
We are also members of the following:
- CIRAS is the confidential incident reporting and analysis service, delivering assurance for member organisations across the UK. Being a member means we are participating in delivering a safer work environment and allowing the industry to learn from events, as their newsletter and website shares lessons learnt and actioned. (www.ciras.org.uk)
- Constructing Better Health is a not-for-profit scheme dedicated to improving the standard of occupational health management in the construction industry. They provide resources to help contractors do their jobs more efficiently whilst protecting workers’ health. As a member, we are supported with risk management resources, enabling efficient management of work-related health at construction site level, and National Standards for Occupational Health in Construction. www.cbhscheme.com
- CQMS is a health and safety consultancy aiming to bring all health and safety needs together ensuring proactive management of health and safety obligation. Accreditation with CQMS Safety-Scheme ensures companies are assessed in accordance with the SSIP Core Criteria, an industry recognised standard, demonstrating compliance with UK health and safety standards.
DMC also actively partake in initiatives set up by our clients, regularly presenting at forums such as TFL’s Zero Harm Forum, contributing in delivering a positive HSE culture across their network. The objectives of this initiative are:
- Enable the sub-contractors to achieve the necessary HSE competencies as demanded by TFL and aligned with the Tier 1 standards.
- Have a candid two way feedback between TFL and all suppliers.
- A consistent understanding of the Zero Harm objectives is achieved by all suppliers across the whole of the TFL organisation.
- Agree on how TFL/Contracting Community can balance positive and negative HSE performance reporting
The output from the event is analysed and fed into improvements to create a Zero Harm Model ensuring that we all work together in achieving Zero Harm.
Did you know…
- In the UK, construction workers are at least 100 times more likely to die from an occupational disease than from an accident
- Up to 1.2m working days are lost per year, due to work-related ill health in the construction industry alone
(data from www.cbhscheme.com)
In addition to DMC’s internal procedures for ensuring the highest quality in our installation, we are also members of the following:
- The Railway Industry Supplier Qualification Scheme is Great Britain’s supplier assurance scheme. It is run by the industry, for the industry, under the stewardship of RSSB. The Scheme enables clients to quickly access supplier assurance when procuring works. RISQS remains central to the safe and cost-effective procurement of railway products and services, providing assurance for 110-plus buyers including Network Rail and TfL to do business with confidence with over 4,300 suppliers. (www.risqs.org)
- Constructionline is the UK’s largest register of contractors, consultants and material suppliers for the construction industry. With over 10,000 key decision makers from over 3,800 buying organisations using Constructionline to select quality suppliers, it’s a great tool to promote our services and gain access to new work opportunities. www.constructionline.co.uk
DMC have also won various industry awards highlighting the highest quality we attain to, most recently the Quality Award for Tottenham Court Road, awarded by Taylor Woodrow and the Excellence in Tile Contracting by The Tiling Association.
DMC are committed to reducing CO2 emissions and our fleet are FORS Silver accredited, the Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme aims to raise the level of quality within fleet operations, and to demonstrate which operators are achieving exemplary levels of best practice in safety, efficiency, and environmental protection. Being part of this scheme demonstrates to our customers and supply chain our commitment to exceeding the industry standard.
We carry a waste transfer license, reducing the amount of waste that goes to landfill. We are also great believers in responsible sourcing of materials and sourcing materials, labour and equipment locally so as to reduce our carbon footprint.
I would like to thank you for you and your staffs efforts that resulted in the successful opening of the WIT platform level at 18:06 yesterday evening. This was a fantastic team effort and it was great to see that, despite the enormous pressure, there were no raised voices or unsafe behaviours and everyone got stuck in to deliver well ahead of schedule.
The Network Rail station manager is delighted with his station and said last night, ‘The UK’s biggest station just got Bigger’. This morning’s first train arrivals and departures were all on schedule without any issues, there were lots of smiling faces from the Network Rail staff, train operators and most importantly the public. We would not have been able to do this without your teams support. Terry, Dave and both Dannys’ are real stars and worked extremely hard to do these works and did so with a smile on their faces!
The ALT and our client, Steve Walters, have all sent their thanks for a great team effort with such a successful outcome. We have also had a call from Thomas Faulkner, Skanska’s Executive Vice President, congratulating us on the achievement of this major milestone and the great team effort that delivered ahead of schedule.
On a personal note, I would like to thank you all for your support that enabled us to achieve this key milestone.
Derek van Rensburg
Lead Delivery for Wessex Capacity Alliance - London Waterloo Station
The safety record and culture of your workforce has been excellent, the workmanship has been to a high standard.
Bakerloo Line Link
Costain Skanska Joint Venture
I just want to thank you for DMC’s commitment and general approach to the work at VSU. It made a massive difference to helping us open up the south ticket hall and Wilton Road staircase. The guys get through a great amount of work for the benefit of the project.
Keith Ramsay – Victoria Station
Taylor Woodrow Bam Nuttall Joint Venture
DMC provided a first-rate design and specification service on the station at Hackney Wick in London. DMC’s management of the design, measurement and procurement process was excellent, enabling the architect and end customer to procure the tiles for the contract in a timely and accurate manner.
DMC have been a loyal long standing customer to AATi for over 12 years. They have completed many large prestigious projects in particular around the London Underground, over ground and light rail transport networks including Kings Cross, St. Pancras, Blackfriars, Waterloo and Stratford Stations to name a few and these have always been to the highest of standards incorporating the AATi cast metal stair nosings into stairways.
DMC are a recommended installer of AATi products and I have no hesitation in saying they are a professional and reliable company who will complete any size project to the highest quality
Ardex UK Ltd strongly believe in partnering with contractors, supporting them from start to final sign off on a project. Over a number of years now, Ardex UK and DMC Contracts have developed close working relationships at all levels within their businesses and as a result, whether it be technical or site support, working in partnership has helped deliver projects of all types, working with a joint focus on delivery, quality and performance. Ardex UK Ltd are pleased to be associated with such a dynamic and progressive company
We have supplied DMC Contracts with access covers and bespoke metal work for a long time, and know them as an innovative contracting company producing the highest quality work who we very much enjoy working with.
The quality of the installation work they have produced and the overall proactive approach of their project team has been excellent and Morgan Sindall have benefited from DMC being involved as a major sub-contractor for these works
Project Manager at Morgan Sindall (James St, Lime St & Central Station Liverpool)
DMC Contracts were employed as one the major sub-contractors with an extensive sub-contract works package. The programme was extremely aggressive and DMC displayed the adequate project management skills, delivery, quality and installation to successfully deliver the project
Project Manager at Tubelines (Heathrow Terminals 1,2 & 3)
DMC Contracts Limited recently completed the Terazzo package for the Bristol airport extension. I can confirm that they fulfilled all their obligations of the contract and were extremely helpful in detailing their design and identifying cost saving options for the project
Head of Airport Development, Bristol Airport